Frances Ellen Watkins Harper and the Colored Conventions Movement
(1) Marcia C. Robinson. “The Tragedy of Edward ‘Ned’ Davis: Entrepreneurial Fraud in Maryland in the Wake of the 1850 Fugitive Slave Law.” The Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography, vol. 140, no. 2, 2016, pp. 167–182. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/10.5215/pennmaghistbio.140.2.0167.
REFERENCES (story map)
(2) Boyd, Melba Joyce. Discarded Legacy: Politics and Poetics in the Life of Frances E. W. Harper, 1825-1911. Detroit: Wayne State University Press, 1994.
(3) Joyce Boyd, Melba. “The Mystery of Romance in the Life and Poetics of France Ellen Watkins Harper.” Common-place.org. 16, no. 2(Winter 2016). http://common-place.org/book/the-mystery-of-romance-in-the-life-and-poetics-of-france-ellen-watkins-harper/
(4) Parker, Alison M. “Frances Watkins Harper and the Search for Women’s Interracial Alliances.” (2012).
(5) Peterson, Carla L. Reconstructing the Nation: Frances Harper, Charlotte Forten, and the Racial Politics of Periodical Publication. American Antiquarian Society, 1998.
(7) Parker, Alison M. “Frances Watkins Harper and the Search for Women’s Interracial Alliances.” (2012).