- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Word Travels Fast
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals and Traditions
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Address to the Colored Voters of the State of Pennsylvania, issued by the Pennsylvania State Equal Rights League, Harrisburg, August 1872
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
members of this Convention, that in the first Presidential vote which we shall cast in November next since our investiture into the sacred rites as citixens, we will, here in the State of Pa., cast our vote for a colored man, as one of the Presidential Electors. Wm. D. Forten, Esq., eminently deserves your suffrages. He is a man of the people. His long and useful life has been devoted to our elevation. We thank the State Central Committee for placing him upon the Electoral ticket and giving us an additional incentive for organizing and bringing out the full colored vote of the State. And now, brothers, arm for the conflict, organize your clubs, under the auspices of the State League. Freedom calls you! Be ready to dash again to the earth the oppressor's rod. May God
You don't have permission to discuss this page.