- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Word Travels Fast
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals and Traditions
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Address to the Colored Voters of the State of Pennsylvania, issued by the Pennsylvania State Equal Rights League, Harrisburg, August 1872
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
of the nations of antiquity, and as we are just launched upon the sea of life, let us take God and justice for our rudder and compass ; and thus sailing forth, we shall fear no evil, for "He will be our ????? upon our right hand." Let us submit our ballots, which are the nations? insignia of manhood, for Grant ? and the whole State ? and avoid the evils which will surely come upon us, if we give our assistance toward the election of the Liberal Democratic Republican ticket.
The two platforms need but a cursory glance to enable us to determine the pure gold from the counterfeit glitter of gold. The Union Republican platform pledges itself emphatically to the support of civil rights. The Liberal Democratic Republican platform, speaks of it as a right,
You don't have permission to discuss this page.