- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- To Stay or To Go?: The National Emigration Convention of 1854
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Mobility, Migration, and the 1855 Philadelphia National Convention
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- Black Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- A National Press? The 1847 National Convention and the North Star
- Equality Before the Law: California Black Convention Activism, 1855-65
- Conflict on the Ohio: The 1858 Convention in Cincinnati
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- Douglass Day
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the State Convention of the Colored Freemen of Pennsylvania, Held in Pittsburgh, on the 23d, 24th and 25th of August, 1841, for the Purpose of Considering their Condition, and the Means of Its Improvement. (Copy 1)
1841 Pittsburgh PA State Convention.15.pdf
« previous page | next page »
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
must therefore feel the necessity of the utmost circumspection in all our conduct, whether private or public. We owe this to God, if we hope for His blessings; to ourselves, if we wish to obtain our rights, and to our posterity, if we wish them to rise up and call us blessed.
LEWIS WOODSON, of Allegheny, RICHARD CHIDESTER, of Fayette, SAMUEL WILLIAMS, of Cambria, NATHANIEL M'CURDY, of Greene, JOHN B. VASHON, of Allegheny, Committee
Thomas Norris, Rev. Samuel Collins, Rev. A. D. Lewis, Charles Richards, Rev. Lewis Woodson, John B. Vashon, Solomon Norris, John Peck, of P., Samuel Bruce, Sr., George W Parker, John N. Templeton, Martin R. Delaney, George Gardner, Robert L. Hawkins, John Curtis, John Mitchell, Sr., Benjamin P. Calder, Matthew Jones, Halson Vashon, William M. Austin, David Dickens, Isaiah Watson, Henry Burton, Samuel Bailey, Alfred Gibson, Robert Smith, Sr., Henry Anderson, Alfred Smith, John Marshall, George M. Baker, Rev. Samuel Johnson, Samuel Robinson, Owen A. Barrett, Rev. G. W. Boler, Benjamin Richards, James Benford, Young Reed, John Peck, of A., Amos Siscoe, Samuel Venable, John Auford, Henry Jackson, Vincent A. Johnson, William Wilder, Jesse Halestock, Nathaniel Dixon, Edward R. Parker, V Joseph H. Mahorney, Robert Bailey,
David Bodey, James M. Holley, Samuel J. Wilkison, Henderson H. Nicholson, James H. Butler, David Turbin, Henry Williams, William E. Harris, Moses Howard, Parker Soil, Rev. Leonard Collins, John H. Butler, Austin Bryans, J. Mahorney, George Butler, Samuel Delaney, John Lewis, Frederick A. Hinton, Joshua E. Campbell, George A. Collins, James M'Crummell, William Nickens, Zedekiah J. Purnel, George Butler, Alexander Ferguson, Orange Lewis, Charles Henry, John H. Butler, Samuel Collins, Jr., Daniel Mahorney, Bernard Mahorney, Sr., Charles Jones, William M. Jones, Thomas A. Brown, James Morgan, George Duncan, Rev. Thos. Lawrence, James Anderson, Robert Bowie, William L. Barns, Juba Newton, Washington Hunter, George Spears, William Murray, Thomas Timms, Thomas Knox, John Williams, Daniel Carney, Nathan Moore,
Lewis M'Alfrey, Henry M. Collins, Charles Dockens, Larkin Graves, Charles Beno, Obadiah Maloney, Charles Wedley, Daniel Johnson, Jonathan Green, Bernard Mahorney, Jr., George Austin, Samuel Williams, William Porter, Thomas S. Robinson, Elias Johnson, Jonathan Willis, Samuel Adley, Henry Fields, Jeremiah Fisher, Henry Dabney, James Hardin, Richard Chidester, Nathaniel M'Curdy, William M'Curdy, Rev. George Hilton, Edward Minnis, Thomas Johnson, William Lewis, A. D. Shadd, Charles T. Clayton, Samuel Stewart, Bazaleel Stewart, William Harris, William Burley, Richard Bryans, Geo. W. Graves, Alfred Powel, George Richardson, Oliver Highgate, Benjamin Stanley, James Needham, Saml. Van Brackel, John C. Bowers, James Bird, R. C. Gordon, Jr., John Nelson, James M. White, Samuel Bruce, Jr., P. L. Jackson.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.