- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- To Stay or To Go?: The National Emigration Convention of 1854
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Mobility, Migration, and the 1855 Philadelphia National Convention
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- Black Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- A National Press? The 1847 National Convention and the North Star
- Equality Before the Law: California Black Convention Activism, 1855-65
- Conflict on the Ohio: The 1858 Convention in Cincinnati
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- Douglass Day
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Minutes of the Union Temperance Convention of the Colored Citizens : of Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
1843 Regional Convention in Salem 13.pdf
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
WASHINGTON, District of Columbia.
Rev. D. A. Payne,
Rev. Jno. F. Cook, Francis Datcher, Jos. Warren,
Rev. Mr. Collins, Enoch Bell, Rev. Mr. Williams.
Rev. T. Watkins,
Daniel W. Moore, Joseph Lewis, D. Coburn,
Rev. H. C. Turner, Rev. Mr. Lea, J. C. Fortie.
Mr. Lewis, M. R. Delany, Rev. F. Davis,
Rev. Lewis Woodson, Rev. J. Cole, D. Mahony.
TRENTON, New Jersey.
Rev. E. P. Rogers,
Joshua Woodland, R. Thomas, S. Holcomb,
J. Smith, Gideon Lewis, B. Steward.
J. W. Adams,
D. B. Anderson, Wm. Saunders, Abraham Murray,
Levi Anderson, C. Caldwell, Jas. Campbell.
TO THE COLORED CITIZENS
States of New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, and the District of Columbia.
The Convention assembled in this place have just finished a Session, interesting to themselves and encouraging to their friends. We now address you with reference to the sentiments we have adopted, and the object we have in view.
The Convention has decided in unusual and earnest activity upon the cause of Temperance. When looking at the condition of our people, we think we see necessities of the strongest and most pressing character, which call for such exertions. When we examine the moral structure and the moral purposes of being, we find a
You don't have permission to discuss this page.