- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Word Travels Fast
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals and Traditions
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Minutes of the Union Temperance Convention of the Colored Citizens : of Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
1843 Regional Convention in Salem 11.pdf
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
EAST BALTIMORE TOTAL ABSTINENCE ASSOCIATION. Formed, May 3rd 1841. President, DAVID LOMAX. Present number of members 456.
Joseph Louis, Thomas H. Queen, Daniel Koburn,
BURLINGTON TEMPERANCE SOCIETY, New Jersey. Formed, February 1st 1843. President, JOSHUA WOODLAND. Present number of members 67.
SCHUYLKILL TEMPERANCE BENEFICIAL SOCIETY, of Pottsville, Pennsylvania. Formed President, WM. H. SUMNER. Present number of members
FRANKFORD TOTAL ABSTINENCE SOCIETY, of Frankford, Pennsylvania. Formed, 1841. President, RANDOLPH PLEASANT. Present number of members 79.
Henderson Davis, John Wilson, James C. Watson.
WEST PHILADELPHIA TEMPERANCE SOCIETY. Formed August 1st 1843. President, GILES SCOTT. Present number of members 55.
Benjamin Harris, William Jackson,
JAMES FORTEN TEMPERANCE BENEFICIAL SOCIETY. of Philadelphia. Formed, April 5th 1842. President, JOHN B. ROBERTS. Present number of members 25.
John B. Roberts, George H. Amos.
DELEVAN UNION TEMPERANCE ASSOCIATION, of Albany, New York. Formed, October 3rd 1842. Members 3000. Rev. J. H. TOWNSEND, participated as honorary member.
WEST CHESTER FARMING TEMPERANCE SOCIETY. Pennsylvania. Formed, President, Present number of members
Abraham D. Shadd, Joseph Thomas, Benjamin Freeman, John Williams,
RACHABITE TEMPERANCE BENEFICIAL SOCIETY, of the First Colored Presbyterian Church of Philadelphia. Formed, President, Present number of members
Charles W. Gardiner.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.