- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Minutes of the Union Temperance Convention of the Colored Citizens : of Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
1843 Regional Convention in Salem 10.pdf
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
ANTI-ALCOHOL SOCIETY OF PHILADEL'A.
FORMED JULY 9TH 1843.
PRESIDENT JAMES M'C. CRUMMILL.
PRESENT NUMBER OF MEMBERS 184.
Delegates to the Convention.
Rev. Mr. Crummell,
Jas. M'C. Crummill, James Clark, Nathaniel Depee,
John Lewis, Anthony Campbell, George Buck,
Robert Robertson, John Nelson, James M. Fells,
Rev. Wm. Douglass, Rueben Barret, John Morun,
John C. Bowers, John Winer, Robert Jones,
Isaac J. White, Jas. P. Clay, Jos. Cassy,
Littleton Hubert, Jacob Reed, Jones Willson,
Jacob Johnson, Mr. Adams, Richard Wilson,
Evan Jones, George L. Frisby, Samuel Harrison,
Moses Worthington, Henry Cornish, Robert Barger,
Benj. Stanly, Joshua P.B. Eddy, Mr. Yates,
George Milbern, Parmer Johnson, Walter Burr.
Wm. Knight, Wm. Woods,
SALEM TEMPERANCE SOCIETY, OF NEW JERSEY.
FORMED NOVEMBER 18TH 1841.
PRESIDENT, JACOB TRUSTY.
PRESENT NUMBER OF MEMBERS 217.
ASHBURY TOTAL ABSTINENCE SOCIETY, of Baltimore, Maryland. Formed, February 2d 1841. President, THOMAS WATKINS. Present number of members 2384,
Rev. Thomas Watkins, J. Primrose.
BETHAL TOTAL ABSTINENCE SOCIETY, of Baltimore, Md. Formed, March 26th 1841. President, ROBERT M. SMITH. Present number of members 436.
John Charles Fortie, Samuel Watts.
FIRST COLORED AMERICAN TEMPERANCE BENEVOLENT SOCIETY, of the city and County of Philadelphia. Formed, February 18th 1841. President, JAMES WILLAMS. Present number of members 76.
George Simpson, Isaiah Wears, John E. Moore.
WILBERFORCE TEMPERENCE SOCIETY, of the Borough of Bordentown, New Jersey. Formed March 14th 1842. President, JOSEPH GREEN. Present number of members 72.
Gidion Lewis, junior.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.