- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- To Stay or To Go?: The National Emigration Convention of 1854
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Mobility, Migration, and the 1855 Philadelphia National Convention
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- Black Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- A National Press? The 1847 National Convention and the North Star
- Equality Before the Law: California Black Convention Activism, 1855-65
- Conflict on the Ohio: The 1858 Convention in Cincinnati
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- Douglass Day
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Minutes of the Union Temperance Convention of the Colored Citizens : of Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
1843 Regional Convention in Salem 9.pdf
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
TEMPERANCE SOCIETY OF PHILAD'A.,
FORMED JUNE 5TH 1841.
PRESIDENT, J. J. G. BIAS.
PRESENT NUMBER OF MEMBERS 1100.
Delegates to the Convention.
Rev. Stephen Smith,
J. J. G. Bias, George Milburn, Evan Jones,
Henry C, Cornish, Wm. Burleigh, Samuel Nicholas,
Samuel Harrison, Isaac Jackson, Z. Purnell,
George Davis, Nathaniel Depee, Rev. Geo. Galbreth,
Samuel Morgan, Ephraim D. Williams, Albert H. Hall,
Morris Hall, Edward Coulter, Limos Johnson,
John Mentin, Sam'l Van Bracle, Rev. Josh. P.B. Eddy,
TEMPERANCE ASSOCIATION WILMINGTON, DEL.
FORMED JUNE 15TH 1840
PRESIDENT MATTHEW G. LARY.
PRESENT NUMBER OF MEMBERS 355.
Delegates to the Convention.
Dan'l B. Anderson, Matthew G. Lary, Levi Anderson,
Thos. B. Walker, Jas. Orange, J.W. Adams,
Joseph Whittington, Ralph Harden, James Campbell,
Edwd. Sharper, Levi Medford, Levi Naylor,
Ezekiel Caldwell, Jas. Spencer, Samuel Brown,
Moses G. Wilson, Thomas B. Walker, Henry Banks,
James Wilson, Joseph G. Agness, Wm. Cooper, 2d.
Joseph Agness, Wm. Johnson, James Butler, sen.,
Michael Boyer, Wm. Saunders. Jacob Johnson,
George Wharton, Abraham Murray. Henry W. Wright,
You don't have permission to discuss this page.