- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Colored Conventions and the Black Press
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the Colored National Labor convention : held in Washington, D.C., on December 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th, 1869.
1869-WASHGINGTON DC-Colored national Labor Convention 43.pdf
This page transcription has been submitted for review and is protected.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
ORDER OF BUSINESS.
1. Report of Committee on Credentials.
2. Roll of members.
3. Reading of minutes.
4. Report of Bureau of Labor.
5. Report of standing and special committees.
6. Report of local organizations.
7. Unfinished business.
8. New business.
SEC. 1. The Constitution shall only be altered or amended at the Regular annual meetings of the National Labor Union by a two-third vote of all members present.
GOVERNMENT OF THE BUREAU OF LABOR.
1st. The regular meetings of the Bureau shall be held on the first Monday in each and every month.
2nd. Any member failing to attend two regular meetings, his seat shall be declared vacant, unless a reasonable excuse is presented at the next subsequent meeting.
3rd. Any member of the Bureau not living in the City of Washington shall be paid his expenses incurred in attending the meetings of the Bureau.
4th. At the hour appointed, the members present shall proceed with the business of the Bureau.
Order of Business
1st. Reading of the Minutes.
2d. Unfinished business--Resolutions laid over.
3rd. Report of Committees.
4th. Report of Officers.
5th. New business.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.