- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Colored Conventions and the Black Press
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the Colored National Labor convention : held in Washington, D.C., on December 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th, 1869.
1869-WASHGINGTON DC-Colored national Labor Convention 2.pdf
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
SAVE YOUR MONEY!
Every Man can Become Rich if He Will!
THE NATIONAL FREEDMAN'S SAVINGS BANK
Charted by Congress in 1865,
Has established its Branches for the safe-keeping of the Money of the
People of Color at
AUGUSTA, MOBILE, WILMINGTON,
ATLANTA, NEW ORLEANS, RICHMOND,
BALTIMORE, VICKSBURG, NORFOLK,
BEAUFORT, MEMPHIS, WASHINGTON,
CHARLESTON, NASHVILLE, PHILADELPHIA,
HUNTSVILLE, CHATTANOOGA, NEW YORK,
JACKSONVILLE, LOUISVILLE, ST. LOUIS,
TALLAHASSEE, RALEIGH, SAVANNAH.
Deposits have already reached over Twelve Millions of Dollars
MORE THAN $75,000 HAVE BEEN PAID BACK IN
INTEREST TO ITS DEPOSITORS
It invests in U.S. BONDS ONLY, and is therefore SAFE.
The great National Labor Convention of Washington endorsed the Banks by an unanimous vote.
Save your five and your ten cent pieces, and put them where they will be safe.
Any man who saves only ten cents a day for ten years, and buys land with his savings so made, will be RICH.
ERRATUM --Section 1 of article IX of the Constitution of the National Labor Union page 42 should read "shall pay a tax of ten cents annually per member," instead of "ten dollars."
You don't have permission to discuss this page.