- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the Colored People's Convention of the State of South Carolina, held in Zion Church, Charleston, November, 1865. Together with the declaration of rights and wrongs; an address to the people; a petition to the legislature, and a memorial to Congress.
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
On motion of Mr. Robert C. DeLarge, a Committee on Credentials was appointed, to wit : Messrs. DeLarge, Poinsett and Miller of Charleston, A. G. Baxter, of Georgetown, and W. B. Nash of Columbia. The Committee reported the following delegates. (The roll as here written, includes those who subsequently arrived, together with the honorary members, to wit :)
JONATHAN J. WRIGHT.
PAUL McCALL POINSETT,
THOS. M. HOLMES,
ROBERT M. DUNCAN,
JOHN C. DESVERNEY,
W. J. BRODIE,
JOSEPH F. RUSSELL,
ROBERT C. DELARGE,
ALONZO J. RANSIER,
ROBERT W. TURNER,
PETER L. MILLER,
HENRY E. BARNETT,
JAMES H. FORDHAM,
SAMUEL EADEN GAILLIARD.
PRINCE GEORGE WINYAW.
EDWARD G. RUE,
EDWARD C. RAINEY.
WILLIAM M. SIMONS.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.