- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Colored Conventions and the Black Press
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of Consultation Convention of 350 leading Colored Men of Georgia. Held in Macon, Georgia, January 25th and 26th, 1888
This page transcription has been submitted for review and is protected.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
MINUTES OF CONSULTATION CONVENTION.
for establishing a technological school, to be supported by the State, from the money of the tax-payers of the State. for white children, and a failure to establish a like one for the colored children of the State, the same being contrary to every principle of honesty and faithful stewardship of public servants.
The president announced the appointment of the following
On Jury System-J. W. Lyons, C. C. Wimbish, P. O. Holt, H. Watts, P. W. Wingfield, S. B. Morse, J. W. Upshaw, Manuel Persons, Henry Rudisell, Wm Brooks, Henry Coleman, E. J Tatum, II. M. Williams, J. W. Jones, R. S. Lovinggood, G. W. Bentley.
On Penitentiary System-Hons. A. Wilson, Ishmael Lonon, L. Crawford, J. F. Long, W. A. Pledger, Revs. E. P. Holmes, N. J. McCombs, Kitt Williams, L. Solomon, Capt. A. F. Hawkins, A. W. Burnett, C. J. Beason, W. R. Gray, G. W. Byran, Whitman Chapman.
On Education-Revs. E. K. Love, E. J. Fisher, W. H. Smith, E. W. Walker, Derry Murden, Dr. A. E. Williams, Hamilton Brown, R. S. Lovinggodd, J. Sinton, John W. Marlow, J. S. White, J. A. C. Dixon, H. J. T. Hudson, Ned McWhorter, J. W. Jones, B. H. Huff.
On the Ballot-W. A. Pledger, Revs. L. S. Smith, E. J. Fisher, T. J. Hornsby, G. W. Grinage; James A. Sykes, R. M. Logan, A. S. Beasley, P. Andrews, W. R. Young, R. C. Smith, Seaborn Brazel, Prof. A. Graves.
On State Organization-John T. White, Hon. A. Wilson, Dennis F Douglass, T. M. Dent, Rev. C. T. Walker, T. M. Robinson, John H. Brown, John Heard, F. H. Hutcherson, H. M. WIlliams, Rev. C. H. Brightharp, J. W. Marlow, P. T. Grant, Daniel Grant, B. H. Huff, Squire Owens, C. C. Clarke, Wm. Smith, T. T. Thomas, J. E. Drake, D. L. Solomon, Rev. D. Murden.
On State Agriculture Associaiton, Fairs and other Industries-Maj. S. W. Easley, Jr.,Hons. Nathan Toomer, L. Crawford, Rev. D. McHorton, Isaiah Ellington, J. W. Searles, Rev. E. D. Jennings, Jos. Levell, A. S. Thurman, W. F. Bailey, P. Andrews, B. T. Harvey, Thomas Thomas, John Glenn.
On Lynch Law-Rev. L. Solomon, Robert Odom, Wesley Paschal, F. F. Dellum, P. H. Lee, R. Jackson, Cyrus West, George Lewis, J. M. Gibson, A. T. Turner, Jackson Eldridge, S. B. Burgess, Revs. George Banks, C. Barker, A. D. Simmons, Wm. Williams.
On County Chain-gang - Rev. J. M. Bunn, J. J. Lee, J. W. Williams, D. Brown, Rev. J. D. Donaway, L. Jordan, J. E. Tripp, Nelson Lowe, M. D. Dennard, Rev. M. E. DeLaney.
On Railroad Discriminations- Rev. S. C. Upshaw, Robert Henry, Revs. L. Solomon, D. Murden, R. Taylor, D. Lewis, J. D. Reid, S. Paschal, Rev. Jolly Thomas, Rev. R. Scott Joseph Jones, Rev. C. T. James, W. Chapman, F. Kellum, Rev. E. L. Martin.
On Temperance-B. T. Harvey, Esq., Rev. W. G. Johnson, T. L. Searles, Rev. Lewis Williams, Isham W. Wood, S. H. Hamilton, J. H. Brown; Rev. T. B. Steward, Ellis Lewis, Prof. A. Graves, Rev. S. C. Upshaw, Bishop H. M. Turner
On Resolution- Rev. J. B. L. Williams, Capt. J. A. Sykes, Hon. A. Wilson, Capt. J. W. Lyons, Capt. C. C. Wimbish, Rev. C. Max Manning, Col. W. A. Pledger, Rev. Lewis Williams, Prof. A. Graves, J. T. White, Esq., B. T. Harvey, Esq., A. W. Burnett, Esq., R. S. Lovinggood, Esq., Maj. S. W. Easley, Jr., Rev. C. H. Brightharp, Rev. J. C. Bryan, Prof. T. M. Dent, Rev. E. K. Love, Rev. W. H. Smith, Hon. Ishmael Lonon, P. O. Holt, Esq., J. W. Marlow, Esq.,
You don't have permission to discuss this page.