- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Colored Conventions and the Black Press
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the State Colored Educational Convention Held at Frankfort, Kentucky, August 22, 1877
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
12 PROCEEDINGS OF THE
as the committee on programme may have reported at the next preceding meeting.
SEC. 3. At each regular meeting of the Association, except that for the election of officers, the following shalI be the
ORDER OF EXERCISES.
1. Call to order by the President, and opening exercises.
2. Roll call.
3. Minutes of last meeting read and approved.
4. Exercises according to programme of the committee.
5. Committee report of the programme for the next meeting.
6. Reports of other committees.
7. Appointment of place of next meeting upon motion of any member.
8. Miscellaneous business.
SEC. 4. The following shall be the order of exercises for the meeting for the election officers:
1. Call to order and opening exercises.
2. Roll call.
3. Election of officers.
4. Programme of the committee.
SEC. 5. The regular yearly fee to be paid by each member of the Association shall be fifty cents.
SEC. 6. Special committees on any subject may be appointed at any time, on motion of any member, under the head of "miscellaneous business."
SEC. 7. Any teacher or trustee of the State, or such other persons as the Association may elect, may become a member of this Association by signing the Constitution and paying the regular fee.
SEC. 8. Any person may become an honorary member of this Association by vote of a majority of the members present, but no honorary member shall be entitled to a vote; nor shall any actual teacher of this State be admitted as an honorary member.
On motion, the Association was titled, "The Colored Teachers' State Education Association of Kentucky," and the admission fee put at fifty centers per annum for each member thereof;
You don't have permission to discuss this page.