- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Word Travels Fast
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals and Traditions
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the State Colored Educational Convention Held at Frankfort, Kentucky, August 22, 1877
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
STATE COLORED EDUCATIONAL, CONVENTION.
Association; but no person desiring to do so, though not a member of the Association, shall be debarred the privilege of examining any public document in the custody of the Secretary.
SEC. 4. The treasurer shall keep all moneys belonging to the Association deposited in bank subject to his order, and shall keep a careful account of all moneys received and paid out; but no money shall be paid from the Treasury except by approval of the finance committee.
SEC 1. The President, on his election, shall appoint three standing committees:
1. A committee of three on programme.
2. A committee of one on printing.
3. A committee of three on finance.
4. A committee on transportation.
SEC. 2. The committee on programme shall as soon after appointment as practicable announce the programme of exercises. At each meeting the committee shall announce the exercises of the next (see By-laws, section 3); and each exercise must have a designated time in which it shall be given.
SEC. 3 The committee on printing shall contract for the publication of all notices of the meetings of the Association, and of such other matter as the Association may order to be printed.
SEC. 4. It shall be the duty of the finance committee to examine the books of the Treasurer from time to time, and report upon the same at the end of each year, and at such other time as may be deemed proper.
SEC. 5. The Constitution may be amended at any session of the Association by the concurrence of two-thirds of the members present.
SEC. 1. The regular meetings of this Association shall be held on the first Wednesday in August of each year, and at such other times as the Association may direct.
SEC. 2. The regular annual meeting for the election of officers shall be held on Thursday night during the week in which the Association is held; and such exercises my follow the election
You don't have permission to discuss this page.