- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Colored Conventions and the Black Press
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the Southern States Convention of Colored Men, held in Columbia, S.C., commencing October 18, ending October 25, 1871.
« previous page | next page »
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
Geddis, 324 Magazine street, New Orleans, Louisiana; F. C. Antoine, No. 3, Priesor street, New Orleans, Louisiana; J.H. Burch, Baton Rouge, Louisiana,
Isaac Meyers, Baltimore, Maryland.
S.H. Scott, Holly Springs, Mississippi; James Lynch, Jackson, Mississippi.
R.H. Cain, Charleston, S.C.; A.J. Ransier, Charleston, S.C.; R.B. Elliott, Columbia, S.C.; Wilson Cook, Greenville, S.C.; W.J. Whipper, Charleston, S.C.; B.H. Bosemon, Jr., Charleston, S.C.; J.H. Rainey, Georgetown, S.C.; H.E. Hayne, Marion, S.C.; W.B. Nash, Columbia, S.C.; S.J.Lee, Hamburg, S.C.; J.H. White, Yorkville, S.C.; Frank Williamson, Greenville, S.C.
A.J. Flowers, Chattanooga, Tennessee; Edwin Shaw, 147 Beel street, Memphis, Tennessee.
T.A. Sykes, Elizabeth City, North Carolina; G.E. Price, Wilmington, North Carolina.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
F.G. Barbadoes, Washington, District of Columbia.
Richard Nelson, Lock Box, 66, Galveston, Texas; J. DeBruhl, Lock Box 356, Galveston, Texas.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.