- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the Southern States Convention of Colored Men, held in Columbia, S.C., commencing October 18, ending October 25, 1871.
This page transcription has been submitted for review and is protected.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
LIST OF DELEGATES,
POST OFFICE ADDRESS.
James T. Rapier, Montgomery, Alabama; James A. Foster; Holland Thompson.
J.H. Johnson, P. O. Box 78, Augusta, Arkansas; W. H. Grey, Helena, Arkansas; H. B. Robinson, Helena, Arkansas; J. W. Mason, Lake Village, Chicot County, Arkansas; E.A. Fulton, Monticello, Drew County, Arkansas; J. C. Corbin, Little Rock, Arkansas.
J. T. Walls, Gainesville, Florida; J. C. Gibbs, Gainesville, Florida, care of J. T. Walls; C. H. Pierce, Gainesville, Florida, care of J. T. Walls.
J. H. Deveaux Savannah, Georgia; Edwin Belcher, Box 173, Augusta Georgia; H. M. Turner, Macon, Georgia; J. M. Simms, Savanna, Georgia; C. L. Bradwell, Americus, Georgia; J. C. Beall, Hamilton, Harris County, Georgia; W. H. Noble, Box 79, Columbus, Georgia; T. G. Campbell, Darien, McIntosh County, Georgia; John McCluskey, Athens, Georgia; L. W. West, Fort Valley, Georgia; J. F. Quarles, Box 181, Augusta, Georgia; W. H. Harrison, Sparta, Georgia; Augustus Gonakey, Talbotton, Georgia; W. A. Golden.
P. B. S. Pinchback, 13 Derbigny, New Orleans, Louisiana; O. J. Dunn, New Orleans, Louisiana; George E. Paris; W. T. Johnson, New Orleans, Louisiana; Edward Butler, 114 Carondelet, New Orleans, Louisiana; Edgar Davis, 114 Carondelet, New Orleans, Louisiana; Benjamin
You don't have permission to discuss this page.