- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- To Stay or To Go?: The National Emigration Convention of 1854
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Mobility, Migration, and the 1855 Philadelphia National Convention
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- Black Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- A National Press? The 1847 National Convention and the North Star
- Equality Before the Law: California Black Convention Activism, 1855-65
- Conflict on the Ohio: The 1858 Convention in Cincinnati
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- Douglass Day
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the Southern States Convention of Colored Men, held in Columbia, S.C., commencing October 18, ending October 25, 1871.
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
LIST OF DELEGATES,
POST OFFICE ADDRESS.
James T. Rapier, Montgomery, Alabama; James A. Foster; Holland Thompson.
J.H. Johnson, P. O. Box 78, Augusta, Arkansas; W. H. Grey, Helena, Arkansas; H. B. Robinson, Helena, Arkansas; J. W. Mason, Lake Village, Chicot County, Arkansas; E.A. Fulton, Monticello, Drew County, Arkansas; J. C. Corbin, Little Rock, Arkansas.
J. T. Walls, Gainesville, Florida; J. C. Gibbs, Gainesville, Florida, care of J. T. Walls; C. H. Pierce, Gainesville, Florida, care of J. T. Walls.
J. H. Deveaux Savannah, Georgia; Edwin Belcher, Box 173, Augusta Georgia; H. M. Turner, Macon, Georgia; J. M. Simms, Savanna, Georgia; C. L. Bradwell, Americus, Georgia; J. C. Beall, Hamilton, Harris County, Georgia; W. H. Noble, Box 79, Columbus, Georgia; T. G. Campbell, Darien, McIntosh County, Georgia; John McCluskey, Athens, Georgia; L. W. West, Fort Valley, Georgia; J. F. Quarles, Box 181, Augusta, Georgia; W. H. Harrison, Sparta, Georgia; Augustus Gonakey, Talbotton, Georgia; W. A. Golden.
P. B. S. Pinchback, 13 Derbigny, New Orleans, Louisiana; O. J. Dunn, New Orleans, Louisiana; George E. Paris; W. T. Johnson, New Orleans, Louisiana; Edward Butler, 114 Carondelet, New Orleans, Louisiana; Edgar Davis, 114 Carondelet, New Orleans, Louisiana; Benjamin
You don't have permission to discuss this page.