- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Word Travels Fast
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals and Traditions
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the Convention of the Equal Rights and Educational Association of Georgia : assembled at Macon, October 29th, 1866 : containing the annual address of the president, Captain J.E. Bryant
1866 Macon GA State Convention.5.pdf
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
Jones county. Rev J P Hutehins, S P Barron.
Laurens county. Rev G Lendor.
Macon county. W Lewis, Riley Chamlin.
Morgan county. S McAlister, E Johnson, Rev N Russell.
Monroe county. Wm A Travis, T Stone, F Floyd, G H Clower, R Clower, J Buckner, J Benfield, P Alston.
Marion county. J S Williams.
Newton county. H Johnson, Thos Brooks.
Pulaski county. James Scarborough, J Horn.
Putnam county. Wm Johnson.
Pike county. R Mangham, Samuel Martin.
Quitman county. Rev G Brown.
Richmond county. Rev W J White, T Hankerson, Rev E Purdy.
Spalding county. D McClendon, J Stevens, D Cobbin.
Screven county. Rev L Kelsey, Rev R Kelsey.
Sumter county. S M Walters.
Talbot county. Henry Holsey, Kit Daniels.
Warren county. J R Heath, Wm H Harris.
Washington county. Rev D Palmer John Foster.
Webster county. F Weaver.
Upson county. Geo Carey, Charles Guilford.
Willers county. Rev L Williams
Whitfield county. Rev A Brown.
The report was received and adopted. Mr N D Sneed, of Bibb, was chosen First, and Mr Robt Johnson, of Newton, Second Assistant Secretaries. The President requested that a committee be appointed to confer with the Union League, for the purpose of uniting all the friends of equal rights in one Convention. The following gentlemen were appointed: Rev A Jackson, of Fulton, Rev H M Turner, of Bibb, Thomas Hankerson, of Richmond, Wm A Travis, of Monroe, and Albert Rolly, of Houston.
On motion of Rev H M Turner, voted that we have a public meeting this evening.
Major G L Eberhart was invited to address the meeting.
Convention adjourned to three, P.M.
President called the Convention to order at three o'clock and laid before the Convention, the action of the State Council, recommending that the Loyal Georgian be transferred by the Association to the creditors of the same, for the purpose of forming a joint stock company, providing they assume the debts of the paper.
On motion of Rev A Jackson, of Fulton, the following resolution was adopted:
Resolved, That we agree to transfer the Loyal Georgian to the creditors of the Association for the purpose of forming a joint-stock
You don't have permission to discuss this page.