- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the Convention of the Equal Rights and Educational Association of Georgia : assembled at Macon, October 29th, 1866 : containing the annual address of the president, Captain J.E. Bryant
1866 Macon GA State Convention.4.pdf
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
CONVENTION OF GEORGIA EQUAL RIGHTS AND EDUCATIONAL ASSOCIATION.
MACON, GA., October 30th, 1866.
The Georgia Equal Rights Association met in Convention at the African Methodist Episcopal church. The Convention was called to order by the President, Captain J. E. Bryant, at ten o'clock A. M. The proceedings were opened with a very impressive prayer by Rev. Wilkes Flagg, of Baldwin county. The President, after giving a brief history of the Association, appointed the following gentlemen a Committee on Credentals : Rev. Wm. J. White of Richmond, Lawrence Gardiner of Hancock, Wm. H. Harris of Warren, S. McAlister of Morgan, and Lewis Smith of Bibb. The committee reported the following delegates duly elected to this Convention :
Rev Milton Tillinghast,
Rev Lewis Smith, A G Gaston, W D Sneed.
Rev Wilkes Flagg,
Rev Edward Crumby,
John P Nelson.
Rev A Jackson,
Wm R Mann.
L F Gardner,
L H Holsey,
S A Cobb.
Rev T M Allen,
Rev R Smith,
G W Stone.
Rev S Harris,
You don't have permission to discuss this page.