- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- To Stay or To Go?: The National Emigration Convention of 1854
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Mobility, Migration, and the 1855 Philadelphia National Convention
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- Black Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- A National Press? The 1847 National Convention and the North Star
- Equality Before the Law: California Black Convention Activism, 1855-65
- Conflict on the Ohio: The 1858 Convention in Cincinnati
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- Douglass Day
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the first convention of colored men of Kentucky held in Lexington, March the 22d, 23d, 24th and 26th, 1866. With the constitution of the Kentucky State Benevolent Association. Printed by order of the convention.
1866 Kentucky State Convention in Lexington.34.pdf
« previous page | next page »
This page transcription has been submitted for review and is protected.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
September at 10 o'clock A. M.: for the election of officers and the transacting of such other business as may be brought before it.
ART. 13. At any annual meeting of the State Benevolent Association, this Constitution may be altered or amended by a vote of the majority of the members present.
Geo. W. Dupee, Lee Masterson,
Henry Scroggins, Horace Morris,
Wm. Lawrence, Elijah Hathaway,
Reuben Lee, Danl. Jackson,
Benj. Tibbs, Henry Dunston,
Simon Griggsby, Lewis Jackson,
Geo. Perry, Henry King,
George Griggsby, B. S. Newton,
Austin Hubbard, J. Madison Harris,
M. C. Johnson, Nelson Callahan,
S. Straws, Erasmus Wells,
Leroy Branham, Horace Fletcher,
E. B. Cheatham, Jas. H. Campbell,
John H. Graves, C. Malone,
W. H. Miles, Wm. Stuband,
Thos. Monroe, Alfred Barnes,
Geo. W. Smith, Alex. Botts,
J. Claiborne, Jno. Warfield,
Thos. De S. Tucker, Adam Smoot,
Malcolm Ayres, L. J. Dixon,
Alex. Campbell, J. T. Harris,
Logan Dupee, H. Porter,
Bedford Nelson, Lewis Tandy,
You don't have permission to discuss this page.