- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Colored Conventions and the Black Press
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the first convention of colored men of Kentucky held in Lexington, March the 22d, 23d, 24th and 26th, 1866. With the constitution of the Kentucky State Benevolent Association. Printed by order of the convention.
1866 Kentucky State Convention in Lexington.22.pdf
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
Madison C. Johnson, Frankfort, Franklin Co.
Stradford Straws, " " "
Saml. Cavill, Lawrenceburg, Anderson ".
Rev. John G. Fee, Berea, Ky.
" E. P. Smith, "
John M. Langston, Ohio
Chas. A. Yancey, "
Rev. David Collins, "
Thos. De S. Tucker.
E. C. Jackson, Ohio.
Nat. Oldham, jr., "
S. C. Oldham, Ky.
S. H. Oldham, "
Peter Lewis, "
Chas. Clark. "
H. H. Britton, "
Peter Smith, "
Jas. Turner, "
Chas. Jenkins, "
You don't have permission to discuss this page.