- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the first convention of colored men of Kentucky held in Lexington, March the 22d, 23d, 24th and 26th, 1866. With the constitution of the Kentucky State Benevolent Association. Printed by order of the convention.
1866 Kentucky State Convention in Lexington.21.pdf
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
Horace Morris, Louisville, Jefferson Co.
Austin Hubbard, " "
Rev. J. Claiborne, Paducah, McCracken "
" Geo. W. Dupee, " "
J. Madison Harris, Harrodsburg, Mercer "
Rev. Logan Dupee, " " "
Dennis Doram, Danville, Boyle "
Benj. Tibbs, " " "
Alex. Botts, Catlettsburg, Boyd "
Rev. Nelson Calahan, Greenupsburg, Greenup "
" Leroy Branham, New Castle, Henry "
George Griggsby, Eminence, " "
B. S. Newton, Hopkinsville, Christian "
Christopher Malone, " " "
Wm. Stuband, Paris, Bourbon "
Edward Johnson, " " "
Henry Dunston, Speedwell, Madison "
Fielding Jones, Richmond, " "
Peter Johnson, Nicholasville, Jessamine "
Horace Fletcher, " " "
E. B. Cheatham, Lebanon, Washington and Marion "
Rev. Wm. H. Miles, " " "
Wm. Lawrence, Lancaster, Garrard "
Washington Lusk, " " "
W. F. Lee Masterson, Stanford, Lincoln "
Bedford Nelson, Crab Orchard, " "
Simon Griggsby, Shelbyville, Shelby "
Hamilton Graves, " " "
J. H. Campbell, Covington, Kenton "
Rev. Jackson Blackburn, Georgetown, Scott "
" Thos. Monroe, " " "
Alfred Barnes, Mt. Sterling, Montgomery "
Louis Peters, " " "
Alex. Campbell, Midway, Woodford "
Louis Jackson, " " "
You don't have permission to discuss this page.