- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the Colored national convention, held in Rochester, July 6th, 7th, and 8th, 1853.
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
of at least one, and not more than three, delegates to attend the National Convention. Such persons as come from towns, villages or counties, where no regular delegate may have been chosen, shall be received and enrolled as honorary members of the Convention.
JAMES W. C. PENNINGTON,
HENRY M. WILSON,
CHARLES B. RAY, N.Y. City
JAMES McCUNE SMITH,
EDWARD V. CLARK,
WM. J. WILSON,
JUNIUS C. MORELL, Brooklyn, N. Y.
JOHN N. STILL,
AMOS N. FREEMAN,
JACOB P. MORRIS,
FREDERICK DOUGLASS, Rochester N.Y.
WM. H. TOPP,
STEPHEN MYRES, Albany, N.Y.
J W. LOGUEN,
GEO. B. VASHON, Syracuse, N.Y.
GEORGE T. DOWNING,
WM. JOESON, Providence R. I.
JOHN N. SMITH,
JOHM MERCER LANGSTON,
WM. H. DAY,
DAVID JENKINS, Ohio.
JOHN I. GAINES,
CHARLES H. REASON,
J. J. G. BIAS, Pennsylvania.
J. B. VASHON,
L. KELLY, Mass.
C. L. REMOND,
H. O. WAGONER, Illinois.
E. P. ROGERS, Newark, N. J.
GEO. DE, BAPTIST, Detroit Mich.
S. S. BALTIMORE,Troy N, Y.
AMOS GERRY BEMAN,
JEHIEL C. BEMAN, Connecticut.
GEORGE W. FRANCIS,
JOHN E. BURR,
LEVERETT C. BEMAN,
You don't have permission to discuss this page.