- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Colored Conventions and the Black Press
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Minutes of the Freedmen's Convention, Held in the City of Raleigh, on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th of October, 1866
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
We, your Committee on Credentials, having carefully examined the credentials of the delegates from the various counties, recommend that the persons representing the following counties be admitted as delegates duly elected and sent by their constituents:
RALEIGH, N. C., OCTOBER, 1866.
State Equal Rights League Convention of Freedmen:
WARREN--William Cawthorn, John Hyman, Caesar Johnson.
WAKE--J. H. Harris, Charles Ray, Wm. Laws, S. Ellerson, H. Locket, J. R. Caswell. Moses Patterson and Wm. High, honorary members.
MECKLENBURG--J. T. Schenck.
FRANKLIN--Harry Webb, Henderson Fuller, John Williams. Rev. D. T. Perry honorary member.
GRANVILLE--J. Hogwood, Cuffey Mayo, Wm. Reavis, Aaron Pratcher.
HALIFAX--N. B. Martin, Henry Epps, Noah Hill, Charles Smith.
LENOIR--E. M. Bell.
ALAMANCE--Edmond Bird, Wyatt Outlaw.
ANSON--Henry Powell, Wm. Leak.
GATES--J. A. Green.
WILSON--Emsley Hinant, Thos. Farmer.
NORTHAMPTON--J. H. Langford, B. H. Jones, Robert Doles.
CRAVEN--Richard Tucker, C. D. Pierson, G. A. Rue, J. R. Good.
HERTFORD--W. D. Newsum, H. J. Brown.
ORANGE--A. Bass, Fred. Lane, Jordan Weaver, Henry Jones, Samuel Hopkins.
GUILFORD--H. Unthanks, Jacob Corsie.
CUMBERLAND--J. S. Leary, Lewis Harvie, Jas. Bowman.
PASQUOTANK--T. A. Sykes.
DUPLIN--Samuel High Smith
WAYNE--J. E. O'Harra, John Thompson.
RANDOLPH--Jesse Skeen, Willis Dorsette, Harry Pope.
CASWELL--Marriee Mayson, Turner Pertilla.
EDGECOMB--Frank Heart, Rev. W. H. Pitts.
CHOWAN--J. R. Page.
ROWAN--J. B. Ballad.
DAVIDSON--Jas. Hargrave, C. G. Holmes, J. C. Taylor, J. S. Porter.
PITT--W. H. Pitts.
CABARRUS--Adam Means, Allen Turner.
MARTIN--Rev. W. H. Pitts.
WILKES--Rev. A. Stokes.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.