- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Convention of Colored Newspaper Men Cincinnati, August 4th, 1875, Wednesday A. M.
This page transcription has been submitted for review and is protected.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
The Convention then took a recess till 4 P.M.
On reassembling, the session was occupied in reading papers on various topic by delegates, and at the conclusion the Convention adjourned, to meet at 8 o'clock at Allen Temple, corner of Sixth street and Broadway.
The Convention assembled at Allen Temple, at 8 o'clock in the evening, and was honored by the presence of a large audience, who manifested a lively interest in the proceedings.
Mr. Brown, from the Committee on General Business, reported, and read a mass of correspondence form prominent colored statesmen and journalists, expressive of sympathy with the object of the Convention.
Letters were received from the following gentlemen:
Fred'k Douglass, Geo T. Downing, F.G. Barbadoes, J.S. Hinton, J. S. Tyler, A. J. Anderson, D. A. Payne G. H. Graham, E. R. Williams, W. U. Sanders, Peter Anderson, D.A. Straker, Jno. Averett, Wyatt Dillard, Thomas Adams, Mrs. S. H. Thomson, and others.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.