- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the National Convention of the Colored Men of America: held in Washington, D.C., on January 13, 14, 15, and 16, 1869.
1869 National Convention in Washington DC 59.pdf
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Is this transcription complete and correct?
Please let us know:
Current Saved Transcription [history]
LIST OF HONORARY GOY. EGGLESTON, Miss. A. M. POWELL, N. Y. COL. HINTON, Kansas. E. M. DAVIS, Penn. HON. J. W. FORNEY, Penn. COL. A. R. MCLURE, HON. J. R. FRENCH, N. C. J. C. UNDERWOOD, Va. JAMES MORRISEY, J. M. HUMPHRIES, T. L. TULLOCH, N. H. JOSEPH WARREN, N. II. GOY. MERRILL, Iowa. JAMES HARLAN, HENRY WILSON, Mass. CHARLES SUMNER, GEO. H. BOUTWELL, Mass. WM. LOYD GARRISON, WENDELL PHILLIPS, WM. C. NELL, Mass. GEN. 0. 0. HOWARD, PROF. WILLCOX, H. M. JOHNSON, C. A. STAWART, MEMBERS OF THE CONVENTION. HON. HORACE MAYNARD, Teurn S. M. ARNELL, Tenn. JOHN TRIMBLE, GEO. W. JULIAN, Ind. J. M. ASHLEY, Ohio. J. W. ALVORD, Esq. HON. WM. D. KELLEY, Penn. ROBERT PURVIS, Esq., Penn. BISHOP J. D. BROOKS. J. J. MOORE, Cal. HON. H. L. HOND, Md. JOHN M. THAYER, Neb. H. P. H. BROMWELL, Ill. WILLARD WARNER, Ala. C. W. BUCKLEY, B. W. MORRIS, GEG. E. SPENCER, C. W. PIERCE, GERRIT SMITH, Esq., N. Y. COL, MILLIGAN, D. C. MAJ. M. R. DELANEY, S. C. HON. KIRBY BENEDICT, N. M. ____DURAND,D.C. REPORT OF ACTING BOARD OF NATIONAL EX. COMMITTEE. The undersigned, take this opportunity of giving a brief report of their action since the adjournment of the adjournment of the Convntion. The National Executive Committee met in Washington, D. C., on the 20th January, the following members were present; G. T. Downing, Rhode Island; J. M. Langston, Ohio; F. G. Barbadoes, Massachusetts; T. W. Stringer, Missis- sippi; W. G. Strong, Alabama, by J. H. Keffer, Proxy; C. H. Langston, Kansas, by J. M. Langston, Proxy; Wm Nesbit, Pennsylvania, by 0. L. C. Hughes,Proxy; Win. Rich, New York, by Geo. T. Downing, Proxy; R. De Baptist, Illinois, by H. D. King, Proxy. The Committee permanently or- ganized by electing George T. Downing, President; Frederick G. Barbadoes, Secretary, and Collin Crusoe, Treasurer: the committee filled vacancies, of un- represented States and Territories. The Committee presented to the Senate on the 30th of January, a petition, asking that the bill of Hon. G. W. Julian, passed bythe House, opening up to the Homestead provisions, certain lands granted in 1856 to tbe States of Missistippi,
You don't have permission to discuss this page.