- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the National Convention of the Colored Men of America: held in Washington, D.C., on January 13, 14, 15, and 16, 1869.
1869 National Convention in Washington DC 49.pdf
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
REPORT OF FINANCE COMMITTEE.
Presenting the total amount of money received in the Convention from Delegates, State contributions, and church collections; the amount paid out, exceeding collections, together with the amounts due by Delegates and States.
Total amount received from tax of $1 00 from each Delegate, $132 00
" " " " church collections 17 43
" " " " State contributions 219 00
Total amount paid out, as follows:—
To Wm. Nesbit as per revised bill $81 40
" Rent Union League Hall 12 00
" " Israel Church 40 00
" Janitor " " 6 00
" Advertising in Chronicle 1 50
" National Republican 9 00
" Publishing proceedings of Convention 200 00
" A. M. Green, for " " " " 20 00
" Stationary 3 25
" 5000 copies National Committee's Address 18 00
" Mailing proceedings to Delegates 35 00
Total 426 15
Total amount received 368 43
Deficit 57 72
To meet deficit, from Delegates $39 00
" " " " " State pledges 30 00
It will be seen by this exhibit that the Committee are obligated individually to pay for the purposes of the Convention, the sum of $57 72; we were compelled to this course, in order to get the work out, and we confidently rely upon the pride, patriotism and honor of the States pledged and Delegates obligated, to promptly redeem them, which they can do by addressing me. Trusting that a just and intelligent people will endorse our action, we remain very respectfully,
Your obdt. Svt.,
WM. J. WILSON
Chairman Finance Com.
WASHINGTON. MARCH 3D.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.