- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Colored Conventions and the Black Press
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the National Convention of the Colored Men of America: held in Washington, D.C., on January 13, 14, 15, and 16, 1869.
1869 National Convention in Washington DC 13.pdf
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
WM. H. DAY, G.W. LEIGHTON, WM. T. JONES, DAVID. L. GUSTUS, CALEB MILBURN.
JAMES H. HILL, A. L. STANFORD, H. J. BROWN, GEORGE A HACKETT, J. D. OLIVER, DANIEL YOUNG, M. SORRELL, E. T. ORNE, ROBERT SORRELL, WALTER SORRELL, R. M. PIPER, J. R. V. THOMAS, JAMES JACKSON, D. R. HUDSON, JOSEPH THOMAS, J. W. FRANCE, JSAAC MYERS, JOHN C. FOSTER J. H. C. PINDER, W. E. MATHEWS, A. J. KELLEY, JOHN H. BROWN A. W. WAYMAN, A. WARD HANDY, C. O. GALLUMISON, L. G. GRIFFIN, H. BRADDOCKS, J. M. DOUGLASS, JOHN JOHNSON, WM. H. BLACK, J. T. JOHNSON, R. E. PROBEE, J. J. HERBERT.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA.
JOHN T. JOHNSON, GEORGE F. COAKLEY, W. H. BARKER, COLIN CRUSO, A. HALL, D. W. ANDERSON, JOHN F. COOK, CHARLES H. PETER, JOSEPH BROOKS, JAMES N. TALLY, GEORGE W. HATTON, D. R. PARKER, JAMES GREEN, ISAAC SHRIVER, GEORGE T. BATTER, CHARLES P. DOUGLASS S. G. BROWN, THOMAS R. HAWKINS, A. R. GREEN.
SAMUEL F. KELSOE,* ADAM HOWARD,* JOHN EVERETT.*
LEWIS LINDSEY, EDWARD NELSON, B. F. GRANT, JOHN EVERETT, M. MORTON, FIELDS COOK, R. FORRESTER, AUSTIN CYFAX, C. B. STEVENS, R. D. BECKLEY, E. V. CLARK.*
G. P. ROURKE, WILLIAM CUTLER, WM. MCLANSEY, GEORGE L. MABSON.
H. M. TURNER, JAMES M. SIMMES, JOHN T. COSTIN.
THOMAS W. STRINGER.
T. W. LONG.
HALES ELSWORTH, J. H. KEFFER,* JOHN GALLOWAY,* WILBER G. STRONG,* JOSEPH MITCHELL,* JOHN CARRAWAY.*
You don't have permission to discuss this page.