- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Word Travels Fast
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals and Traditions
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Report of the Convention of the Colored Population, Held at Drummondville, Aug, 1847.
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
Mr. Wm. Ferris, - - - Oberlin, Loraine Co., Ohio.
Mr. John Watson, - - - " " "
Rev. John Liles, - - - Syracuse, Onandago Co., N.Y.
Mr. J. B. Lot, - - - - Sandusky, Erie Co., Ohio.
Mr. Norris Needham, - Detroit, Michigan.
Mr. Pleasant Underwood, - Baro, Buffalo, N. Y.
Mr. T. W. Stringer, - - Cincinnati, Ohio.
Mr. J. B. Blanknort, - - Lockport, Erie Co., N. Y.
On motion, a Committee of three was appointed by the Chairman, consisting of Messrs. Smallwood, Dunlop, and Liles, to nominate officers for the Convention. The Committee having retired a short time, returned and reported the following persons as suitable for officers of the Convention, viz. :—
Rev. N. C. W. Cannon, - - - President.
Rev. John Liles, - - - - - Vice-President.
Mr. Charles Freeman, - - - Secretary.
Mr. J. W. Stringer, - - - - Assistant Secretary.
The meeting having approved of the Report, also appointed the following Committees :—
ON BUSINESS—Messrs. Smallwood, Ramsay, Watson, Counter, and J. T. Henson.
ON RULES—Messrs. Liles, Dunlop, and Couuter,
ON FINANCE—Messrs. Warren, Counter, and Smallwood.
Convention adjourned to 9 o'clock next morning.
TUESDAY, August 3rd—9 A.M.
House opened with praise, and prayer by the Rev. Mr. Liles.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.