- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- To Stay or To Go?: The National Emigration Convention of 1854
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Mobility, Migration, and the 1855 Philadelphia National Convention
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- Black Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- A National Press? The 1847 National Convention and the North Star
- Equality Before the Law: California Black Convention Activism, 1855-65
- Conflict on the Ohio: The 1858 Convention in Cincinnati
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- Douglass Day
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the National Conference of Colored Men of the United States, Held in the State Capitol at Nashville Tennessee, May 6, 7, 8 and 9, 1879.
« previous page | next page »
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
Tennessee.— Randall Brown, $ 1; T. A. Sykes, 1; T. W. Lott, 1; L. A. Roberts, 1; B , A. J. Nixon, 1; A. F. A. Pope, 50 cents; J.H. Burrus, $1; W. F. Yeardlev, 1; J. C. Napier, 1; W. F. Anderson, 1; J.M. Smith, 1; Dr. J. McKinly, 1; W. A. Henderson, 1; H. H. Thompson, 1; R. F. Boyd, 1; B. J. Hadley, 1; Wm. Sumner, 1; G. H. Shaffer, 1; J. W. Grant, 1; J. H. Kelly, 1; M. F. Wamack, 1; Rev. D. Watkins, 1; Rev. G. W. LeVere, 1; Rev. C. O. H. Thomas, $ 1; J. B. Bosley, $1; J.H. Hendricks, 1; W. C. Hodge, 1; S. Griffith, 50 cents.
Mississippi.— J. R. Lynch, $1; Theo. H. Greene, 1; Rev. J. H. Bufford, 1; S. P. Cheers, 1; D. Wilson, 1; R. W. Fitzhugh, 1; Thos. Richardson, 1; B. G. Booth. 1; J. C. Matthews, 1; W. H. Maury, 1.
Kentucky.— A. Allensworth, $ 1; John Garnett, 1; Horace Lewis, 1; W. H. Nichol, 1; G. W. Gentry, 1; G. W. Darden, 50 cents.
Louisiana. F. B. S. Pinchback, $ 1; J. H. Burch, 1; J. D. Kennedy,1; J. Lewis, 1; L.T. Kenner, 1; Charles A. Burgeois, 1.
Missouri.— W. R. Lawton, $1; J. W. Wilson, 1.
Arkansas.— W. Gibbs, $1; J. R. Rolland, 1; H. W. Watkins, 1; H. B. Robinson, 1; S. H. Holland, 1; F. B. Antoine, 1; J. P. J ones, 1; J.T. Jenifer, 1; George N. Perkins, 1; Isaac Gillam, 1; David A. Robinson, 1;M. G. Turner, 1.
Alabama.— H. C. Binford, $ 1; D. S. Brandon, 1; Rev. W. O. Lynch, 1; Rev. J. M. Goodloe, 1; J. H. Thomason, 1; Rev. W. H. Ashe, 1; Hon. J. T. Rapier, 1; P. J. Crenshaw, 1; G. S. W. Lewis, 1; S. Lowry, 1; W.H. Councill, 1; Rev. W. H. McAlpine, 1; W. J. Stevens, 1; Rev. P. C. Murphv, 1; L. W. Cummins. 1; H. V. Cashin, Esq., 1; David Wilson, 1; E.D. Pope, 1.
Georgia.— C.C. Wimbush, $1; W. B. Higginbotham, 1; J. H. Delamotta, 1; R. R. Wright, S.C. Upshaw, 1; Madison Blunt, 1; W. A. Pledger; M. Bentley, 1.
Indiana.— R. Nichols, $1; F. D. Morton, 1; Rev. G. McFariand, 1; J. A. Braboy, 1; Simon Daniels, 1; J. W. James, 1; Rev. W. H. Anderson, 1; G. L. Knox , 1; J. H. Walker, 1.
Virginia.—J. W. Cromwell, $1; John Averitt, 1; R. A. Perkins, 1.
District of Columbia.—J. H. S. Parker, $1.
Texas.— R. Allen, $1; B. R. Taylor, 1; E. H. Anderson, 1; B. F. Williams, 1; N. W. Cuney, 1.
Oregon.— Rev. D. Jones, $1.
Pennsylvania.—J. D. Lewis, $1; Hon. Wm. Still, 1.
Illinois.—F. L. Barnett, $1; J. J. Bird, 1.
Ohio.—Colonel R. Harlan, $1.
Nebraska.— H. G. Newsom, $1.
South Carolina.—Hon. J. H. Rainey, $1.
Minnesota.—S. E. Hardy, $1.
Kansas.—T. W. Henderson, $1.
Several letters and papers from eminent gentlemen and associations in different parts of the country were submitted, which if published would swell this pamphlet far above its present size. As the net amount raised by the conference did not meet one half of the expense of publishing these proceedings, I trust it will be considered no lack of disrespect that these valuable papers do not now see the light. Respectfully,
J. W. Cromwell,
You don't have permission to discuss this page.