- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Word Travels Fast
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals and Traditions
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the National Emigration Convention of Colored People Held at Cleveland, Ohio, On Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, The 24th, 25th, and 26th of August, 1854
1854 Cleveland OH State Convention 73.pdf
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Is this transcription complete and correct?
Please let us know:
Current Saved Transcription [history]
NATIONAL BOARD OF COMMJSSIONERSY ARTICLE I. There shall be established a National BoaPi of Commissioners, onsisting of Nine persons, to be chosen from and located at the place where the President is to reside; who shall be knoW1~ as the Central Commissioners; five of whom shall constitute a quort~i to do business-~--and two additional members from each of the other States. ARTICLE IL The Officers of the ]Iloard shall consist tA~ a President, Vice Pres- ident, Secretary, Treasurer, Auditor, and Special Foreign Secretary. ARTICLE IlL The President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Atditor, and Special Foreign Secreta~y, shall constitUte the Executive Department of the Board, who shall transact any bttsiness of emergenCy, in all cases Where a quorum of the Board of Coramissioners canwt be ob- tained; provided always, that the doings be laid before a douncil of the BoaiA at the earliest opportunity. ARTICLE IV. Thd Board of Commissioners shall coii~l~t of three d~artments: Dom~stic~, Financial) ahd Foreign Relations. ARTICLE V. These Department~ shall be managed t~y three committees: Gem- initt~e on Domestie, Committee on Fiiiahcial, and Committee oh Fordi0U Relations. This organisation is inte~ide~ to be iega11~r incorporated, anci ~ this pamphlet is published, that end may be consummated.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.