- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the National Emigration Convention of Colored People Held at Cleveland, Ohio, On Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, The 24th, 25th, and 26th of August, 1854
1854 Cleveland OH State Convention 46.pdf
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Is this transcription complete and correct?
Please let us know:
Current Saved Transcription [history]
.DANISH I5LAND~ Consist of: Square miles. Population in 1840. Santa Cruz, - - 80 - - 34,000 St. Thomas, - - 50 - - 15,000 St. Johns, - - - 70 - - 3,000 SwEDIsH. St. l3artholemew, - - 25 - - 8,000 DUTCH. St. Eustatia, - 10 - - - 20,000 Curacoa, - - - 375 - - - - 12,000 St. Martin, S. part, - - 10 - - - 5,000 Saba, - - - 20 - - - 9,000 VENEZUELA. Margarita, . - - - 00 - -, 16,000 SPANISH. Cuba, - - 43,500 - - 725,000 Porto Rico, - 4,000 - - 325,000 BRITIsH. Jamaica, - - 5,520 - - 375,000 Barbadoes, - - - 164 - - - 102,000 Trinidad, - 1,970 - 45,000 Antigua, 108 - - 36,000 Grenada and the Granadines, - 120 - - 29,000 St. Vincent, - 121 - - - - 36,000 St. Kitts, - - - 68 - - - 24,000 Dominica, - - 275 - 20,000 St. Lucia, - - 275 - 18,000 Tobago, - 120 - - - - 14,000 Nevis, - - - 20 - - 12,000 Monsterat, - - 47 - - 8,000 Tortola, - - - 20 - - - - 7,000 Barbuda, - - - 72 - - - - 0,000 Anguilla, - - - 90 - - - - ~1,000 Bahamas, - - 4,440 - - - - 18,000 Bermudas, - - 20 - - - - 10,000 HAITIEN NATION. Haiti, - - - 000 - - - - 800,000
You don't have permission to discuss this page.