- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Colored Conventions and the Black Press
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the National Emigration Convention of Colored People Held at Cleveland, Ohio, On Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, The 24th, 25th, and 26th of August, 1854
1854 Cleveland OH State Convention 5.pdf
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
TO THE COMMISSIONERS AND DELEGATES.
THE Commissioners of the different States, and the various Delegates who were represented in the Cleveland Convention, each is entitled to a copy of the Minutes, who are respectively requested immediately on the receipt of which, to call Ratification Meetings of the PLATFORM. and doings of the Convention. They will also make collections in these meetings and at other times, off the friends of Emigration— all other modes of raising funds being solely the right of the Financial Department of the N. Board of Commissioners—and all the overplus Minutes which they may receive, are to be disposed of to the public at ten cents a copy—except in the distant State of California, and equally distant territories— where, to justify the expense of conveyance, the price is fixed at twenty-five cents ; all of which must be forwarded to the Financial Department, and go into the Treasury, for the purpose provided in the Constitution.
J. THEODORE HOLLY,
W. D. GOFF,
CHARLES W. NIGHTEN,
Secretaries of the Cleveland Convention.
PITTSBURGH, September, 1854.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.