- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the Colored People's Educational Convention held in Jefferson City, Missouri, January , 1870.
« previous page | next page »
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
PROCEEDINGS, ETC. 35
bowed until the conclusion of the sacred service. Upon rising, the President put the negative of the question, and, no response being made to it, the first Educational Convention of the colored men of Missouri was adjourned, sine die.
J. MILTON TURNER, Cooper County, President.
R. W. STOKES, New Madrid County, First Vice-President.
CHARLTON H. TANDY, St. Louis Co., Second Vice-President.
J. FLETCHER JORDAN, Howard County, Recording Secretary.
I. N. TRIPLETT, Macon County, Corresponding Secretary.
THOMAS MORTON, Macon County, First Assistant Secretary.
W. H. PAYNE, Cole County, Second Assistant Secretary.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.