- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the Colored People's Educational Convention held in Jefferson City, Missouri, January , 1870.
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
The Committee on Credentials reported that they found a large number present without proper credentials, yet of whose qualifications and fitness they were well satisfied, and asked that a Committee on Enrollment be appointed to enroll the names of all delegates who appeared to be, in their judgment, entitled to seats in the Convention, with their respective townships and counties.
On motion, the committee was appointed as follows: J. T. Smith, Moses Dickson, P. G. Wells, St. Louis county; Thomas Morton, Macon county; James Madison, Lafayette county.
The Committee on Enrollment submitted their report as follows, which, on motion, was adopted:
REPORT OF THE COMMITTEE ON ENROLLMENT.
Emanuel Cartwright, St. Louis, St. Louis county. Napoleon Morris, Kirkwood, " " E. S. Woodson, St. Louis, " " Preston G. Wells, St. Louis, " " W. P. Brooks, 806 North 7th street, St. Louis, St. Louis county. C. H. Tandy, St. Louis, St. Louis county. Richard Ricketts, Hannibal, Marion " Wm. Martin, New Eureka, St. Louis " Moses Dickinson, Carondelet, " " G. W. Gaines, Washington, Franklin county. W. R. Anderson, Troy, Lincoln " Burrell Nelson, Marthasville, Warren " James Madison, Lexington, Lafayette " J. H. Washington, Fulton, Callaway " John W. Haygood, Lexington, Lafayette county. John Bruce, Brunswick, Chariton county. J. H. Rector, Springfield, Greene " P. Lair, " " " Lewis Fisher, Columbia, Boone " Irwin Smith, " " " L. P. White, Independence, Jackson " George Howard, New Madrid, New Madrid county. R. W. Stokes, " " " William Hopkins, " " " George Terrell, Roanoke, Howard county. J. Fletcher Jordan, Glasgow, Howard " Thomas Moohr, Macon, Macon " Reuben Barbour, " " " I. N. Triplett, " " " S. P. Anderson, 1418 Gay street, St. Louis, St. Louis county. Mitchell Hill, " " " J. Milton Turner, Boonville, Cooper county. Henry Brown, Marshall, Saline "
You don't have permission to discuss this page.