- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- To Stay or To Go?: The National Emigration Convention of 1854
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Mobility, Migration, and the 1855 Philadelphia National Convention
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- Black Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- A National Press? The 1847 National Convention and the North Star
- Equality Before the Law: California Black Convention Activism, 1855-65
- Conflict on the Ohio: The 1858 Convention in Cincinnati
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- Douglass Day
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the National Convention of Colored Men; held in the City of Syracuse, N.Y.; October 4, 5, 6, and 7, 1864; with the Bill of Wrongs and Rights; and the Address to the American People
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
ROBERT HAMILTON, Chairman; Peter H. Clark, Secretary.
HENRY H. GARNET. J. H. INGRAHAM.
EBENEZER D. BASSETT. D. P. SEATON.
JONATHAN C. GIBBS. RANSOM HARRIS.
PETER H. CLARK. MORRIS HENDERSON.
JOHN M. LANGSTON. CHARLES P. HEAD.
JOHN S. ROCK. JAMES M. SCOTTRON.
GEORGE L. RUFFIN. WILLIAM KEELING.
GEORGE T. DOWNING. P. G. WELLS.
WILLIAM H. JOHNSON. A. H. GALLOWAY.
PASCHAL B. RANDOLPH. J. D. RICHARDS.
J. SELLA MARTIN. W. H. DECKER.
The Committee elected JOHN M. LANGSTON, Chairman; and JOHN S. ROCK, Secretary. Mr. Garnet declined to serve.
EBENEZER HEMMENWAY. J. W. LOGUEN.
ROBERT HAMILTON. GEORGE B. VASHON.
W. H. BRUCE.
COMMITTEE ON RULES.
PETER W. RAY, M.D. GEORGE B. VASHON.
SERGT. ALFRED M. GREEN. WILLIAM H. JOHNSON.
P. W. RAY, Chairman.
JOHN S. ROCK. GEORGE L. RUFFIN.
WILLIAM HOWARD DAY.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.