- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Colored Conventions and the Black Press
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the National Convention of Colored Men; held in the City of Syracuse, N.Y.; October 4, 5, 6, and 7, 1864; with the Bill of Wrongs and Rights; and the Address to the American People
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
ROBERT HAMILTON, Chairman; Peter H. Clark, Secretary.
HENRY H. GARNET. J. H. INGRAHAM.
EBENEZER D. BASSETT. D. P. SEATON.
JONATHAN C. GIBBS. RANSOM HARRIS.
PETER H. CLARK. MORRIS HENDERSON.
JOHN M. LANGSTON. CHARLES P. HEAD.
JOHN S. ROCK. JAMES M. SCOTTRON.
GEORGE L. RUFFIN. WILLIAM KEELING.
GEORGE T. DOWNING. P. G. WELLS.
WILLIAM H. JOHNSON. A. H. GALLOWAY.
PASCHAL B. RANDOLPH. J. D. RICHARDS.
J. SELLA MARTIN. W. H. DECKER.
The Committee elected JOHN M. LANGSTON, Chairman; and JOHN S. ROCK, Secretary. Mr. Garnet declined to serve.
EBENEZER HEMMENWAY. J. W. LOGUEN.
ROBERT HAMILTON. GEORGE B. VASHON.
W. H. BRUCE.
COMMITTEE ON RULES.
PETER W. RAY, M.D. GEORGE B. VASHON.
SERGT. ALFRED M. GREEN. WILLIAM H. JOHNSON.
P. W. RAY, Chairman.
JOHN S. ROCK. GEORGE L. RUFFIN.
WILLIAM HOWARD DAY.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.