- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Colored Conventions and the Black Press
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the Colored National Convention, held in Franklin Hall, Sixth Street, Below Arch, Philadelphia, October 16th, 17th and 18th, 1855.
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
Stephen Smith, Robert Collins, Adam S. Driver, James H. Wilson, Ulysses B. Vidal, John C. Bowers, Charles L. Reason, Jesse Bolden. James .Fell, Joseph C. Stevens, Alfred S. Cassey, Henry Ray, Jacob C. White, Francis A. Duterte, Samuel Van Brakle, Edward M. Thomas, Joel Ware, Davis D. Turner, Benjamin B. Moore, Franklin Turner, Rachel Cliff, Samuel Golden, Elizabeth Armstrong, J. J. Gould Bias, Isaiah C. Wears, Basil Macal, Daniel Morgan, Edward Young, Robert Douglass, Peter Burtou, James McCrummill, Grayton S. Nelson, Jeremiah Asher, William W. Whipper, Addison W. Lively, Aaron L. Still, Charles H. Bustill, William A. K. Smith, William R. Decorderer, William Parker, Robert Purvis, Daniel Colly, John F. Willams, Jabez P. Campbell, Edmund Kelly, Thomas C. Burton, William P.Price, William T. Cato, Nathaniel W. Depee, G. W. Reed, Joshua Woodland, E. J. Adams, James Presser, John G. Dutton, Samuel Williams, Jacob W. Glasgow, Robert Jones, Thomas Charnock, James G. Frisby, Jonathan Lopeman, William Jackson, James Needham, William Douglass, Thomas P. Hunt, Samuel H. Amos, Augustus Dorsey, Ebenezer Black, Thomas Gibbs, William Moore, John Addison, Thomas Kennard.
Joseph Reeves, E. P. Rogers. Henry A. Thompson, E. H. Treeman, Robert Stewart.
CANADA.—Mary A. Shadd.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.