- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Colored Conventions and the Black Press
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Minutes of the Fifth Annual Convention for the Improvement of the Free People of Colour in the United States; Held by Adjournments, in the Wesley Church, Philadelphia; from the first to the fifth of June, inclusive; 1835.
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
On motion, Resolved, that the President and Trustees of this Church receive the thanks of this Convention, for accommodating us with this house.
REUBEN RUBY, President.
JAMES H. FLEET,
NATHAN JOHNSON, } V. Presidents.
JOHN F. COOK, Secretary.
SAMUEL VAN BRAKLE,
HENRY OGDEN,} Assistant Secretaries.
Reuben Ruby, George H. Black.
William P. Powell, Nathan Johnson.
Alfred Niger, Nathan Gilbert.
Thomas L. Jennings, Thomas Downing, Edward Crosby, Samuel Hardenberger. Philip A. Bell,
Troy, N. Y.
Wm.Rich, Wm. M. Livezeley, Clarence Seldon.
John D. Closson, Henry Ogden, John A. King.
Junius C. Morell, Robert Purvis,
James Comish, James Newman,
Samuel Van Brakle.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.