- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Word Travels Fast
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals and Traditions
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Minutes of the Fifth Annual Convention for the Improvement of the Free People of Colour in the United States; Held by Adjournments, in the Wesley Church, Philadelphia; from the first to the fifth of June, inclusive; 1835.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Is this transcription complete and correct?
Please let us know:
Current Saved Transcription [history]
On motion, Resolved, that the President and Trustees of this Church receive the thanks of this Convention, for accommodating us with this house.
REUBEN RUBY, President. JAMES H. FLEET, } NATHAN JOHNSON, } Vice Presidents.
JOHN F. CooK, Secretary.
SAMUEL VAN BRAKLE, } Assistant Secretaries. HENRY OGDEN, }
MAINE. Portland. Reuben Ruby, George H. Black.
MASSACHUSETTS. New .Bedford. William P. Powell, Nathan Johnson.
RHODE ISLAND. Providence. Alfred Niger, Nathan Gilbert.
NEW YORK. City. Thomas L. Jennings, Thomas Downing, Edward Crosby, Samuel Hardenberger. Philip A. Bell,
Troy, N. Y.
Wm.Rich, Wm. M. Livezeley, Clarence Seldon,
NEW JERSEY. Newark. John D. Closson, Henry Ogden, John A. King,
Burlington, Joshua Woodlin.
Junius C. Morell, Robert Purvis, James Comish, Jamee Newman, Samuel Van Brakle.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.