- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Minutes of the Fifth Annual Convention for the Improvement of the Free People of Colour in the United States; Held by Adjournments, in the Wesley Church, Philadelphia; from the first to the fifth of June, inclusive; 1835.
This page transcription has been submitted for review and is protected.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
On motion, Resolved, that the President and Trustees of this Church receive the thanks of this Convention, for accommodating us with this house.
REUBEN RUBY, President.
JAMES H. FLEET,}
NATHAN JOHNSON, } Vice Presidents.
JOHN F. COOK, Secretary.
SAMUEL VAN BRAKLE, } Assistant Secretaries.
Reuben Ruby, George H. Black.
William P. Powell, Nathan Johnson.
Alfred Niger, Nathan Gilbert.
Thomas L. Jennings, Thomas Downing, Edward Crosby, Samuel Hardenberger. Philip A. Bell,
Troy, N. Y.
Wm.Rich, Wm. M. Livezeley, Clarence Seldon.
John D. Closson, Henry Ogden, John A. King.
Junius C. Morell, Robert Purvis, James Comish, James Newman, Samuel Van Brakle.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.