- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Word Travels Fast
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals and Traditions
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the California State Convention of the Colored Citizens, Held in Sacramento on the 25th, 26th, 27th, and 28th of October, 1865.
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
BLACK STATE CONVENTIONS
brief and imperfect report of such progress to establish our claim to the rights and privileges of citizenship:
SAN FRANCISCO COUNTY
Religious and Moral Institutions
Beneficial Societies 4
Masonic Lodgers 4
Sabbath Schools 3
Public Day Schools 2
Public Night Schools 2
Pupils 60 Adults.
Colored Children in Catholic Schools 10
Mechanics, Manufacturers, etc.
House Carpenters 3
Ship Carpenters 2
Boot Makers 4
Brick Layers 2
Hose Makers 1
Segar Makers 2
Dress Makers 10
Ladies Hair Dressers 9
Tobacco Manufacturers 4
You don't have permission to discuss this page.