- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Word Travels Fast
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals and Traditions
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the California State Convention of the Colored Citizens, Held in Sacramento on the 25th, 26th, 27th, and 28th of October, 1865.
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
W. H. Hall, T. M. D. Ward,
P. A. Bell.
On Elective Franchise
R. A. Hall, W. H. Yates,
D. W. Ruggles, E. P. Duplex,
J. R. Starkey.
T. M. D. Ward, E. E. Parker,
J. Madden, B. Campbell,
Wm. H. Harper, E. P. Hilton,
J. P. Dyer.
J. R. Starkey, Dr. Bryant,
M. L. Rogers.
W. H. Harper, W. H. Christopher,
E. W. Parker, R. F. Shorter,
R. A. Hall.
On Public Morals
Revs. J. H. Hubbard, J. J. Moore,
A preamble and series of resolutions were presented by the Sacramento delegation, which were read, and on motion, referred to the Business Commitee.
Moved that all resolutions from members or delegations be read and referred to appropriate Commitees. Carried.
The Santa Clara delegation presented a preamble and resolutions adopted at a public meeting in San Jose. Read and referred to Business Committee.
Mr. Shorter presented statistics from Santa Clara county. Read and referred to appropriate Committee.
Moved, by Mr. Ward, that the Executive Committee of Sacramento be admitted to seats in this Convention. Carried.
Moved, that we hold an evening session at 7 o'clock to-morrow evening, to receive statistical information from the several delegations. Carried.
Benediction by the Chaplain. Adjourned.
Morning Session, Thursday, October 26th.
President in the Chair. Prayer by the Chaplain. Roll called. Minutes of the last meeting read and approved.
Reports of Standing Committees called for. Committee on Education reported an address, which was accepted.
Committees on Statistics, Finance, Industrial Pursuits, and Public Morals, reported progress.
Business Committee reported a Preamble and Resolutions, which were received, and while under discussion Mr. Anderson rose and said that it is probable that the minutes of this Convention will be published in pamphlet form, and the cost will probably be $100; he would therefore suggest that the
You don't have permission to discuss this page.