- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the State Equal Rights' Convention, of the Colored People of Pennsylvania, held in the city of Harrisburg February 8th, 9th, and 10th, 1865 : together with a few of the arguments presented suggesting the necessity for holding the convention, and an address of the Colored State Convention to the people of Pennsylvania.
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
Charles B. Gordon, " " " " "
David B. Bowser, Third " " " "
Redman Fauset, " " " " "
Alfred Green, " State " " "
Elisha Weaver, " " " " "
William D. Forten, Ladies' Union Association
William J. Alston, Sanitary Com. St. Thomas' Church
Robert M. Adger, Banneker Institute
George B. White, " " " " "
James Prosser, (honorary).
Joseph S. Campbell, "
Matthias W. Johnson, "
John C. Bowers, Union League
Jesse E. Glasgow, " "
William Morris, First District Equal Rights' League
George W. Butler, State Equal Rights' League
James Davenger, State Equal Rights' League
James Green, (honorary).
Decatur Blue "
Benjamin F. Pulpress,
Samuel A. Neale,
H. B. Williamson,
George W. Dimey,
Edward R. Parker
Joseph A. Nelson, State Equal Rights' League
John E. Price,
Charles H. Vance,
William M. Jones,
B. J. Carter, Baptist Church
Alex T. Harris, Brotherly Love Lodge, O.F.
O. L. C. Hughes,
Thomas Early, (honorary)
James Alexander, "
Charles H. Cann, "
George W. Saunders "
James Henry, Equal Rights' League
Henry Jackson " " "
William Nesbitt, Equal Rights' League
Thomas B. Shorter, " " "
John Alexander, (honorary).
John H. Shorter, "
George Hooper "
Lewis Hill, Equal Rights' League
Charles Bryan, (honorary).
Charles H. Kelly, "
You don't have permission to discuss this page.