- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- To Stay or To Go?: The National Emigration Convention of 1854
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Mobility, Migration, and the 1855 Philadelphia National Convention
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- Black Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- A National Press? The 1847 National Convention and the North Star
- Equality Before the Law: California Black Convention Activism, 1855-65
- Conflict on the Ohio: The 1858 Convention in Cincinnati
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- Douglass Day
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Pennsylvania State Equal Rights' League. Held in the City of Harrisburg, August 9th and 10th, 1865.
This page transcription has been submitted for review and is protected.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
136 STATE CONVENTIONS, 1865
minutes the first, and five minutes the second time.
5. All business for the consideration of the meeting must be presented in writing, read, and referred without debate to the Business Committee.
6. Matthias's Manual shall govern the proceedings of this body in all cases for which provisions are not herein made, Signed, James McC.Crummell, O. L. C. Hughes, Nath'L. W. Depee. -- Committee.
Mr. Solicitor Bustill paid forty dollars ($40) from the following Auxiliary Leagues: No. 14, Altoona E.R. League, Altoona Blair Co., $15.00--Two representatives, Wm. Nesbit, and John Alexander. No. 15, Hollidaysburg E.R. League, Hollidaysburg, Blair Co., $15.--Two representatives, Dan'l. Williams, and Moses Brown. No. 16, Huntingdon E.R. League, Huntingdon, Huntingdon Co., $10.00.--One representative, John G. Chaplin. The Committee on Credentials reported through their chairman, Mr. Jos. C. Bustill, of Philadelphia. The report is as follows, and was adopted on motion of Mr. Browd, of Hollidaysburg:
To the President and members of Penna. State E.R. League:
Gentlemen: The undersigned Committee on Credentials beg leave to report:--
That having examined the credentials of the following named gentlemen, we find them to be the regularly appointed representatives of the auxiliaries to which they are respectively accredited.
Henderson Davis, Jr., Lincoln E.R.League, 1st District of Philadelphia. Lorenzo D. Blackston, Rising Sun E.R.League, 2d District of Phila. Chas. W. Nighten, New Castle E.R.League, New Castle, Lawrence Co. Henry T. Burley, Benevolent E.R.League, Erie, Erie Co. Franklin Johnson, Bellfonte E.R. League, Bellefonte, Centre Co. William Nesbit, Altoona E.R. League, Altoona, Blair Co. Daniel Williams, Hollidaysburg E.R. League, Hollidaysburg, Blair Co. Moses Brown, Hollidaysburg E.R. League, Hollidaysburg, Blair Co. John G. Chaplain, Huntingdon E.R. League, Huntingdon, Huntingdon Co. Signed, Joseph C. Bustill, Ch, Daniel Williams, Aaron L. Still, E. R. Parker, C. H. Kelley.--Committee.
On motion of Mr. Hughes, of Harrisburg, Mr. Henry T. Burley, of Erie, was appointed Assist. Secretary pro tem.
Moved by Mr. J. C. White, Jr., of Philadelphia, that we proceed to appoint the Business Committee, and that Prof. Vashon, of Pittsburgh, be chairman. Carried.
The Committee, as appointed, stands thus:
Prof. G. B. Vashon, of Pittsburgh, Chairman. O. L. C. Hughes, of Harrisburg. B. Pulpress, of Allegheny City. William D. Forten, of Phila. Rev. James Henry, of Birmingham.
Moved by Mr. Bustill, of Philadelphia, that we proceed to appoint the Committee of Finance, and that Mr. Nathaniel W. Depee, of Philadelphia, be Chairman. Carried.
The following is the Committee, as appointed:
Nath'l. W. Depee, of Philadelphia, Chairman. Edward R. Parker, of Allegheny city. Samuel Molson, of Lewistown. George W. Dimey, of Allegheny city. Rev. C. J. Carter, of Harrisburg.
Moved by Mr. B. Pulpress, of Allegheny city, that we adjourn tomorrow at 4 o'clock.
Moved by Mr. D. Williams, of Hollidaysburg, to lay on table. Carried.
Moved by Mr. Brown, of Hollidaysburg, that we adjourn to-morrow at 12 o'clock.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.