- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- To Stay or To Go?: The National Emigration Convention of 1854
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Mobility, Migration, and the 1855 Philadelphia National Convention
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- Black Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- A National Press? The 1847 National Convention and the North Star
- Equality Before the Law: California Black Convention Activism, 1855-65
- Conflict on the Ohio: The 1858 Convention in Cincinnati
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- Douglass Day
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Hampton Negro Conference. Number III. July 1899.
« previous page | next page »
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
STANDING COMMITTEES, 1899-1990.
Education—H. M. Browne, Hampton N. and A. Institute, Hampton, Va.: Marie L. Baldwin: Kelly Miller: J. Hugo Johnston: T. C. Walker: Edwin B. Kruse: Dr. J. H. N. Waring: W. S. Scarborough.
Domestic Economy—Rosa D. Bowser, 513 N. Adams St. Richmond, Va.; Marian P. Shadd: (Mrs.) Arthur S. Gray; Amelia E. P. Pride; Rev. Geo. F. Bragg. Jr.; Sadie A. Collins.
Religion and Ethics—Rev. Francis J. Grimkè, 1526 L St., Washington, D. C.: Rev. R. Spiller; Rev. J. E. Jones; Rev. W. V. Tunnell; Rev. N. J. Naylor; Rev. Earnest Lyons; (Mrs.) D. I. Hayden.
Business and Labor—Andrew F. Hilyer. 2352 Sixth St. N. W. Washington. D.C.; W. Ashie Hawkins; W. P. Burrell; Norris B. Clark; W. R. Williams; Henry E. Baker; W. H. H. Hart; Harris Barrett.
Vital and Sanitary Problems—Dr. F. J. Shadd, 901 R St., Washington. D. C.: S. G. Atkins; Dr. W. R. Granger; Laura E. Titus; Dr. A. M. Curtis; L. M. Hershaw; Dr. Rebecca J. Cole; Lucy B. Stephens.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.