- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Proceedings of the Colored State Convention assembled in St. Paul's A. M. E. Church, Lexington, Ky., November 26.
« previous page | next page »
This page transcription has been submitted for review and is protected.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
26 your children is a noble name, a perfect life for their copying. Be just; be true. By these acts you will teach all men to do right. "Do as you would be done by." We have finished the task assigned us. May God bless you in your deliberations, and may your deeds invite honorable men to dwell among us; and may your entire constituency be prosperous, happy, wealthy, and God-fearing. "So live, that when thy summons comes To join the innumberable caravan That moves to that mysterious realm Where each shall take his chamber In the silent halls of death, thou go Not, like the quarry slave at night, Scourged to his dungeon, but sustained and Soothed by an unfaltering trust, Approach thy grave like one who wraps The drapery of this couch about him, And lies down to pleasant dreams."
You don't have permission to discuss this page.