- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- To Stay or To Go?: The National Emigration Convention of 1854
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Mobility, Migration, and the 1855 Philadelphia National Convention
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- Black Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- A National Press? The 1847 National Convention and the North Star
- Equality Before the Law: California Black Convention Activism, 1855-65
- Conflict on the Ohio: The 1858 Convention in Cincinnati
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- Douglass Day
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Report on the Texas State Colored Men's Convention in Houston
« previous page | next page »
This page has been marked complete.
- Type what you see in the pdf, even if it's misspelled or incorrect.
- Leave a blank line before each new paragraph.
- Type page numbers if they appear.
- Put unclear words in brackets, with a question mark, like: [[Pittsburg?]]
- Click "Save transcription" frequently!
- Include hyphens splitting words at the end of a line. Type the full word without the hyphen. If a hyphen appears at the end of a page, type the full word on the second page.
- Include indents, tabs, or extra spaces.
Current Saved Transcription [history]
Falls county: L. S. Simmons, A. Z. Wheeler.
Brazos county: D. S. Ballard, Albert Williams, Nels Allerson, Barnet Gusby, Jack Johnson, G. W. Smith, P. S. Peterson.
Wharton county: S. H. Wheats, N. H. Hathaway, S. M. Morton, J. T. Holmes, H. P. Phenix, T. H. Taylor, J. W. Robertson, Louis Travis, John Franks.
Matagorda county: W. M. Dunkens, A. G. Hilliard.
Lavaca county: W. J. Stephens, N. W. Scott.
San Jacinto county: E. A. Paton, W. M. Green.
Fayette county: Geo. Hatch, M. M. Rodgers, N. C. Colwell, Nillie Hotson, Raston Daniels.
Fort Bend county: Y. N. Johnston, T. H. Humphrey, F. Robertson, G. W. Money, W. T. McCall, L. J. LaQuay, W. T. McCree.
Washington county: S. B. Wilson, W. R. Jamesison.
Gonzales county: M. G. Gaston, Green Prince, Sam Prince.
Caldwell county: W. E. Franction, A. L. Maynard, J. C. Smith.
Walker county: C. B. Stephens, Sam Flood, J. Houston, jr., A. C. Culbreath.
Anderson county: H. A. Wells.
Camp county: R. A. Codwell.
Guadalupe county: Prof. D. A. Abner, jr.
Travis county: W. R. Morrow, L. L. Campbell, Smith Sorrel.
Harris county: J. W. Jones.
Kaufman county: W. M. McDonald.
Montgomery county: M. W. Lawson, G. W. Jackson, J. J. Turner, J. N. Perkins, R. B. Smith, N. C. Carter, E.P. Palmer, M. Q. A. Fuller, A. B. Perkins, S. M. Balding, C. M. McPhearson and J. L. Taylor.
Grimes county: W. H. Woods, O. W. Landry, A. White and Samuel Anderson.
Lamar county: G. W. Guess, C. M. Furgerson, A. A. Simms, W. H. Wallace, A. C. Garner, C. C. Milligan and R. S. Halbredts.
Waller county: W. M. Alexander, Henry Rhone, Robert Hall, Jake Anderson, A. F. Freeman, R. L. Kilpatrick, T. S. Benson, George O. Marshall and George W. McIntosh.
Jefferson county: C. A. Harrison and Eph Phonse.
Colorado county: R. L. Isaacs, Charles Towell, D. L. Whitney, Henry Green, T. J. Gibbon, Charles Ferrel and R. L. Smith.
Harrison county: B. H. Grimes, J. H. Crawford, N. E. Miller, J. D. Payne and D. J. B. Scott.
Robertson county: G. W. Tillery, A. L. Asberry, J. B. Raynor and G. T. Haynes.
Goliad county: W. H. Green.
Visiting ladies: Mrs. M. R. Rogers Webb, Mrs. F. L. Kealan, Misses Pauline Green, Sadie Nelson, M. B. Brown, Maggie Ropen and Mrs. Dr. J. H. Garnet.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.