- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Colored Conventions and the Black Press
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
Scripto | Transcribe Page
Report on the Convention of Colored Citizens in Houston Texas.
« previous page | next page » |
You don't have permission to transcribe this page.
Current Page Transcription [history]
Williams, T. J. Powell, J. J. Hamilton, A. L. Menard, R. Allen, J. B. Scott, R. Nelson, M. Baker, J. H. Jones, A. L. Adams, S. J. Tibbet, J. H. Armstrong, J. D. Davis, H. G. Goiger, J. N. Johnson.
On Widow and Orphans—M. A. Baker, S. A. Solomon, T. G. Nichols, A. West, Louis Johnson, A. H. Haller.
On Lands and Homestead—J. Harvey Jones, N. O. Bryant, A. West, S. A. Solomon, J. H. Armstrong, G. R. Smith.
On Newspapers and Printing—J. J. Hamilton, R. Nelson, J. S. Tibbet, M. M. Torry, F. Pickett.
On Mercantile Associations—R. Allen, J. A. Montgomery, R. Nelson, E. A. Patton, Ely Meyers.
On Colored Trades and Unions—J. S. Tibbet, J. A. Montgomery, Frank Pickett, Cris Johnson, Henry Perry.
On Temperance—J. H. Armstrong, J. H. Jones, N. O. Bryant, G. R. Smith, Cris Johnson.
On Moral Advancement of the Race—J. B. Scott, H. Stewart, W. H. Logan, —Bardow, Milton Baker, Cris Johnson, J. S. TIbbet.
On Education—J. W. Abernathy, M. M. Terry, J. T. Fields, C. M. Furgerson, J. H. Tibbet, P. A. Williams, W. Pigford.
Committee to select a committee to wait upon the legislature and prepare the memorial—J. W. Johnson, H. G. Geiger, Cris Johnson, Geo. W. Carter, H. Stewart.
After appointing these committees the convention adjourned till to-morrow morning at 9 o'clock.
These committees are to report to the present convention upon the different subjects alotted them.
You don't have permission to discuss this page.