- A Brief Introduction to the Movement
- Colored Conventions and the Black Press
- The 1853 Manual Labor College Initiative
- Bishop Henry McNeal Turner
- Word Travels Fast: 1855 Philadelphia
- Henry Highland Garnet's "Address"
- What Did They Eat? Where Did They Stay?
- Black Wealth and the 1843 Convention
- African American Women's Economic Power
- The First National Convention
- The "Conventions" of the Conventions: Political Rituals
- Conventions by City
- National Conventions
- Women Delegates
- Women in the Conventions
- Convention Hosts by Denomination
- Conventions by Level
- Clusters of Conventions
- Colored Conventions in Canada
- Delegate Search
- Women in the Conventions | March 8, 2017
- About Us
- Contact Us
PurposeThe graph below is provided as an aid to search for delegates to the Colored Conventions between 1830 and 1883.
Data is limited
Please note that the graph is a work in progress and is not comprehensive. The data in the graph includes only the formal rolls of delegates that appeared in many of the minutes of the conventions. If a person attended a convention, but did not serve as a delegate, their name may not yet appear here. We are also working to include the names of the men and women whose names were left out of the minutes.
Snapshot of the data
If you find any errors in the current data, please write to coloredconventions [at] udel [dot] edu. If the graph does not load, please try refreshing and check any ad-blockers.